H1b RFE because false-positive profit school categorize

Awan

Hi, I received the RFE notification of my H1b application, the reason they gave is "the submitted photocopy of the degree issued is a private, for-profit institution" and they gave a website link to check if the school's status. However, according to the link, my school is actually private, non-profit. My attorney said he never saw this case and should be a mistake by USCIS. We've already responded to the RFE, but I'm worried if my application will got stuck for a long time? Anyone has an idea or has seen similar issues?

Thanks,

16 hours ago, Awan said:

Hi, I received the RFE notification of my H1b application, the reason they gave is "the submitted photocopy of the degree issued is a private, for-profit institution" and they gave a website link to check if the school's status. However, according to the link, my school is actually private, non-profit. My attorney said he never saw this case and should be a mistake by USCIS. We've already responded to the RFE, but I'm worried if my application will got stuck for a long time? Anyone has an idea or has seen similar issues?

Thanks,

You should provide complete information if seeking help on forums. Your statements more look like you need convincing of some sort and not help.  To give you context of what I am saying , take a look at these questions :

1 what link ?

2 which school ?

3 What do you mean by similar issue ? You mean RFEs ? Or you mean RFE on the same school ? Again see (2)

Hi, thank you for the replies, let me add more details:

1) the school is University of San Francisco 

2) the link they provided is https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/

Screenshot bellowing shows part of the Intent to Deny. The reason they gave is "University of San Francisco is a private, for-profit institution. But according to the link above it's actually private, not-for-profit.1504698689_ScreenShot2018-08-28at3_11_17PM.thumb.png.93d2a63756b1127124b0ca1ae45c79ee.png 

I would like to ask will this considered as a mistake by USCIS. Is it common to see such kind of mistake considering the huge volume of applications they are dealing with. I'm a little bit concerned will this affect the progress of my application a lot? 

2 hours ago, Tjgarla said:

We have one of our employee who go a Denial today for the same reason. Forprofit university  is not eligible for MAster's quota H1B.

NOTE: This guy graduated in 2008 from that school and is been on H1B for 10 years. This is his 4th extension

Yes, for-profit schools are definitely not eligible, but my school is not-for-profit...

4 hours ago, Tjgarla said:

We have one of our employee who go a Denial today for the same reason. Forprofit university  is not eligible for MAster's quota H1B.

NOTE: This guy graduated in 2008 from that school and is been on H1B for 10 years. This is his 4th extension

It is well-known that a degree from a for-profit school can not be used for the H1 Masters quota. Only a degree from an accredited, public or non-profit private university can be used for the Masters quota.

4 hours ago, Awan said:

Hi, thank you for the replies, let me add more details:

1) the school is University of San Francisco 

2) the link they provided is https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/

Screenshot bellowing shows part of the Intent to Deny. The reason they gave is "University of San Francisco is a private, for-profit institution. But according to the link above it's actually private, not-for-profit.1504698689_ScreenShot2018-08-28at3_11_17PM.thumb.png.93d2a63756b1127124b0ca1ae45c79ee.png 

I would like to ask will this considered as a mistake by USCIS. Is it common to see such kind of mistake considering the huge volume of applications they are dealing with. I'm a little bit concerned will this affect the progress of my application a lot? 

This indeed looks like their mistake.

Your lawyer should be able to get that resolved.

Archived