F1 OPT to H4 visa in India

Piyaali

Hello everyone, 

I am planning to go to India to get an H4 visa. I am currently on my F1 OPT visa. 

Questions: 

1. While filling the DS 160, when asked for address, which address am I supposed to enter? The one I am residing at in US or my Indian address? The mailing address I am guessing will be the Indian address since I will want my passport or any correspondence to be mailed at that address?

2. I have a SSN number; would that pose a problem for my H4 application? 

3. I recently received approval for my Canada PR. I don't yet have the PR card. Should I mention 'Canada' under - Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above? or should I just answer this with a No. 

If any one has any other advice or any other list of documentation that I need to take care of, I would really appreciate your help. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Piyaali said:

Hello everyone, 

I am planning to go to India to get an H4 visa. I am currently on my F1 OPT visa. 

Questions: 

1. While filling the DS 160, when asked for address, which address am I supposed to enter? The one I am residing at in US or my Indian address? The mailing address I am guessing will be the Indian address since I will want my passport or any correspondence to be mailed at that address?

2. I have a SSN number; would that pose a problem for my H4 application? 

3. I recently received approval for my Canada PR. I don't yet have the PR card. Should I mention 'Canada' under - Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above? or should I just answer this with a No. 

If any one has any other advice or any other list of documentation that I need to take care of, I would really appreciate your help. 

I have an additional question for filling out the DS 160. Since I am currently on my F1 OPT, I am working part time in the States. When I interview for H4 in India, I will no longer be working. So when it comes to filling out the DS160 - Present work section, should I be filling out my OPT employment details or should I mention 'Unemployed' as at the time of the interview I will no longer work with my OPT employer. 

Any response is very much appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2018 at 5:34 PM, pontevecchio said:

Fill up your OPT details as you are working at present. 

Perfect, thanks! Any suggestion on the question about address? "1. While filling the DS 160, when asked for address, which address am I supposed to enter? The one I am residing at in US or my Indian address? The mailing address I am guessing will be the Indian address since I will want my passport or any correspondence to be mailed at that address?

Archived