I94 expired and H1B transfer pending

worker2003

I was working for a company A and applied H1 transfer to company B in normal processing. I have joined the company B upon receiving the receipt notice and company B immediately initiated my EB3 green card processing and recently I got the I40 approval however on August 8th 2018 my 6 years quota on H1 completed, and also I94 got expired. As my H1 extension still pending with USCIS and my employer filed visitor visa and changed my status, asked not to work until he files the extension.

Could you please help me answering below queries,

1.  Can employer B file extension where as my H1 transfer still pending with USCIS.

2.  It's been over 12 months since my H1 transfer is pending with USCIS, can I call USCIS call center and ask them to expedite.

3.  Please suggest if I have any other options.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, worker2003 said:

I was working for a company A and applied H1 transfer to company B in normal processing. I have joined the company B upon receiving the receipt notice and company B immediately initiated my EB3 green card processing and recently I got the I40 approval however on August 8th 2018 my 6 years quota on H1 completed, and also I94 got expired. As my H1 extension still pending with USCIS and my employer filed visitor visa and changed my status, asked not to work until he files the extension.

Could you please help me answering below queries,

1.  Can employer B file extension where as my H1 transfer still pending with USCIS.

2.  It's been over 12 months since my H1 transfer is pending with USCIS, can I call USCIS call center and ask them to expedite.

3.  Please suggest if I have any other options.

Thank you!

This helps explain.. on a micro scale.. why USCIS is so clogged and the horrendous processing times. 

Archived