B2 Visa rejected for my Brother

to_vaib

Hi,

I'm a lawful US permanent resident (Green Card holder) and I sponsored my brother and his family to visit us in LA this year. My brother's financial situation is pretty sound and he is also an Australian PR but now settled back in India. He appeared for Visitor Visa Interview in New Delhi and was rejected. There was no reason given and they did not check any single document other than their passports. He was later issued a standard 214b rejection letter as well. My brother clearly demonstrated his close ties with India due to the fact that he now lives in India although he possess Australian PR and lived there for 13-14 years. 

So here are some of the questions that we have:

1. Can we appeal this decision?

2. Is this rejection means, he will never be issued a visa?

3. They haven't asked for a single financial document - How did they assess him and rejected him based on what?

4. Chances of Visa approval on re-apply? Has anyone seen this?

Regards

Vaib

The concept of sponsorship is a red flag. Your brother should reapply with a reasonable itinerary of visiting the USA for say 6 weeks during the kids summer vacation to experience Disneyland etc. and to visit with you. You need to stay out of the picture and let them apply and get the visa. 

VO' are also subject to the random prejudices everybody has specially in the AGE of Trump. He can reapply again with no input from you. Sometimes coached replies result in a rejection.

First, there is no sponsoring for visitor visas. You may pay for the trip, but that's not sponsoring.

Second, just living in the home country is not a strong tie. He has moved abroad before, so why not now?

Third, for how long was the trip planned? A few weeks is better than months.

Archived