H1B Interview/Dropbox August 2018 Mumbai Consulate

rajshekhar

I had gone through F1- H1 in Vancouver, Canada and got the passport on 3rd day and flew back same day. Earlier it was normal but now a days just with a white paper saying 221g admin processing, consulate is taking few weeks time to get the clearance to issue the visa.  On 08/24 one of my friend attended interview but got 221g white slip saying need 2 wks for admin processing. So not sure what kinda admin processing is happening. When I have attended in April 2018, just asked 6 questions and said safe travels and got PP in 3 days. I think there is NOTHING to worry for you now. Just a waiting game. All the best.

41 minutes ago, 02112018 said:

I had gone through F1- H1 in Vancouver, Canada and got the passport on 3rd day and flew back same day. Earlier it was normal but now a days just with a white paper saying 221g admin processing, consulate is taking few weeks time to get the clearance to issue the visa.  On 08/24 one of my friend attended interview but got 221g white slip saying need 2 wks for admin processing. So not sure what kinda admin processing is happening. When I have attended in April 2018, just asked 6 questions and said safe travels and got PP in 3 days. I think there is NOTHING to worry for you now. Just a waiting game. All the best.

An application in a third country requires multiple levels of verifications. A US visa application on an Indian passport in Canada/Mexico where a significant number of Indians apply for convenience/slots, etc.  As anyone could imagine in such a scenario, admin processing takes time. 

Archived