H1 to H4 COS + H4 EAD

GraceSmile848513

I'm currently on H1 and is valid till 31st Oct 2018. I'm unable to file for H1 extension due to some issues and would like to convert to H4 and apply H4 EAD based on my spouse approved I140.

When is the earliest I can apply for COS from H1 to H4 ?  Can I apply now for H4  with future date i.e effective 1st Nov 2018 and be on H1 until then and continue working till 31st Oct?

What is the processing time for H4 COS? 

Will H4 EAD processing start only after H4 is approved or can both be approved same time ?

Thanks

On 8/21/2018 at 8:35 PM, GraceSmile848513 said:

I'm currently on H1 and is valid till 31st Oct 2018. I'm unable to file for H1 extension due to some issues and would like to convert to H4 and apply H4 EAD based on my spouse approved I140.

When is the earliest I can apply for COS from H1 to H4 ?  Can I apply now for H4  with future date i.e effective 1st Nov 2018 and be on H1 until then and continue working till 31st Oct?

What is the processing time for H4 COS? 

Will H4 EAD processing start only after H4 is approved or can both be approved same time ?

Thanks

Yes you can do it now. Most of the times both applications get approved on same day.

Will take 2 or 3 months.

Archived