No treatment in India and Lifetime treatment is need for US born kid.

RenaDasharadi

My baby was born here (USA), She was diagnosed with very rare metabolic disorder. where she has to be on special formula for life long. where the formula and treatment for her metabolic disorder is not available in india.(In india people Ineligible for Health insurance if you inborn errors) I am on H1B visa with i-140 Approved. Is there any way to expedite my GC process or to get EAD to support my kid or is there any other process to stay here and support my Kid.

Thanks In Advance 

Vijay Reddy

20 hours ago, RenaDasharadi said:

My baby was born here (USA), She was diagnosed with very rare metabolic disorder. where she has to be on special formula for life long. where the formula and treatment for her metabolic disorder is not available in india.(In india people Ineligible for Health insurance if you inborn errors) I am on H1B visa with i-140 Approved. Is there any way to expedite my GC process or to get EAD to support my kid or is there any other process to stay here and support my Kid.

Thanks In Advance 

Vijay Reddy

I don't understand. If you have I-140 approved, you should be able to extend your H-1b indefinitely. So you should be able to work here indefinitely until you get your green card. Do you mean you want to leave H-1b jobs and do other jobs instead? Have you been fired and are unable to find another H-1b job or something?

It's possible to apply for an EAD if you have I-140 approved, you are currently in H-1b status, and you have "compelling circumstances".

Sorry to hear about your kid's situation. 

If I understand clearly, do you fear that after your limited term H1b visa over, you will have to go back to home country? As your kid is US citizen and fact that you are working, he/she will have health insurance through your employer.

If your I-140 is approved it means you can keep extending your employment H1b till you get green card. If you want to stay home & take care of your kid, you still need GC. And getting GC via employment is your best bet. Yes, expedite GC via hardship is feasible in some cases but you will have to talk to your attorney.

Archived