H4 Extension Delay

gokulraj

Hello, 

My Wife and I applied for Extension of stay on Oct,2017 to Vermont Service Center.

I'm on H1-b and my i-129 case was approved on April,2018.  And I got all my H1-b visa extension stamped and valid till Oct,2020.

But, My Wife is a HomeMaker and on H4 visa. Her petition i-539 is still with USCIS indicates the case was received on Oct,2017. By Checking with USCIS Processing time for Vermont Service Center, the time to process keeps increasing from 9 months to 12 months.

My Question is, 

1. My Wife left to India on Feb 1, 2018. Will it impact her chances of getting a H4 Visa extension?

2. Do we need to wait till the processing time becomes current to Oct,2017? Or Upgrading the case to Premium Processing works?

3. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Gokulnath

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, gokulraj said:

Hello, 

My Wife and I applied for Extension of stay on Oct,2017 to Vermont Service Center.

I'm on H1-b and my i-129 case was approved on April,2018.  And I got all my H1-b visa extension stamped and valid till Oct,2020.

But, My Wife is a HomeMaker and on H4 visa. Her petition i-539 is still with USCIS indicates the case was received on Oct,2017. By Checking with USCIS Processing time for Vermont Service Center, the time to process keeps increasing from 9 months to 12 months.

My Question is, 

1. My Wife left to India on Feb 1, 2018. Will it impact her chances of getting a H4 Visa extension?

2. Do we need to wait till the processing time becomes current to Oct,2017? Or Upgrading the case to Premium Processing works?

3. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Gokulnath

1. No

2. No

3. She can use your new I-797 that expires in Oct 2020 and go for H-4 visa stamping.

Archived