All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sunnycupid

I-797A without I94 at bottom - Please help

Hi I came to USA on student visa ( F1 ) during May 2014  
Started working with employer "A"  ( On OPT status ) from Nov 2015 
Employer "A"  filed H1 B when I was working with client "A"  at California  ( During 2016 ) and I got my H1 Visa approved for 1 year starting Oct 18 2016  till Oct 17th 2017 
Employer "A"  filed my H1 extension on Oct 13th 2017 during this time my contract with client "A"  has been ended and I have been moved to new Jersey  to work on internal project with employer "A" (  On my H1 Extension application we added LCA with NJ address )

It took pretty long for my Case - and Case was on progress since then 

Later during  April  2018, I moved back to California as I got new project with Client B and started working here.   ( Also filed H1 Amendment for this location change  NJ to CA ) 

I got an RFE during June for my h1 Extension and we replied it on July 13th 2018 . On july 26th 2018  we received i797A form with out I94 on it ( with a consulate name mentioned as Chennai ) 

Also they mentioned on Note that my Petition has been approved but my extension of stay has been denied  for the follow reason ( in short )  

"  USCIS previously approved  H1B at California location and as per our records we didn't see any amendment filed for change in location to NJ at least from Oct 18, 2017.   As beneficiary accepted unauthorized employment in NJ since oct 18th 2017 - present " 

Been a while I received this note , and I don't have any idea on this or how to deal with this. 

Can some one help me with suggestions on this 

1. As we filed h1 extension at the same time of my employment location change - is it that needed to file amendment application for location change ?
    what are my chances of approval during consulate interview ?
2. Do I need to attend only Chennai consulate ?  or Can i visit any near by country or in case of unavailable slots in Chennai , can i take other consulates in India ?? 
3. How many days are max allowed days for me to stay in USA / max allowed days to leave country for stamping ? 
4. Can someone suggest better ways to deal with this kinda situation. 

Thanks in Advance 

On 8/19/2018 at 2:09 PM, Sunnycupid said:

Hi I came to USA on student visa ( F1 ) during May 2014  
Started working with employer "A"  ( On OPT status ) from Nov 2015 
Employer "A"  filed H1 B when I was working with client "A"  at California  ( During 2016 ) and I got my H1 Visa approved for 1 year starting Oct 18 2016  till Oct 17th 2017 
Employer "A"  filed my H1 extension on Oct 13th 2017 during this time my contract with client "A"  has been ended and I have been moved to new Jersey  to work on internal project with employer "A" (  On my H1 Extension application we added LCA with NJ address )

It took pretty long for my Case - and Case was on progress since then 

Later during  April  2018, I moved back to California as I got new project with Client B and started working here.   ( Also filed H1 Amendment for this location change  NJ to CA ) 

I got an RFE during June for my h1 Extension and we replied it on July 13th 2018 . On july 26th 2018  we received i797A form with out I94 on it ( with a consulate name mentioned as Chennai ) 

Also they mentioned on Note that my Petition has been approved but my extension of stay has been denied  for the follow reason ( in short )  

"  USCIS previously approved  H1B at California location and as per our records we didn't see any amendment filed for change in location to NJ at least from Oct 18, 2017.   As beneficiary accepted unauthorized employment in NJ since oct 18th 2017 - present " 

Been a while I received this note , and I don't have any idea on this or how to deal with this. 

Can some one help me with suggestions on this 

1. As we filed h1 extension at the same time of my employment location change - is it that needed to file amendment application for location change ?
    what are my chances of approval during consulate interview ?
2. Do I need to attend only Chennai consulate ?  or Can i visit any near by country or in case of unavailable slots in Chennai , can i take other consulates in India ?? 
3. How many days are max allowed days for me to stay in USA / max allowed days to leave country for stamping ? 
4. Can someone suggest better ways to deal with this kinda situation. 

Thanks in Advance 

Ans for 2: you can go to any US consulate . home country not mandatory.