H1 stamping with extended petition having future date

bharathme

Hello all, 

My h1 is extended from Dec 14, 2018 onwards ( present I-797 expires Dec 13 ) and I need to go for stamping interview on Oct 1 ( returning Oct 31 to US ) . I have filled in DS-160 with new extended petition details and booked visa stamping appointment using same. Can someone please advise steps to take care so that stamping can be provided for whole duration before Dec 14 till end of new petition validity. Also, if you have experienced it, did u provide both current I-797 and new I-797 during the stamping process VAC appt or during interview ? I am guessing if I dont give old petition during interview, they would give stamping from Dec 14 start date. Please advise if I am wrong.....appreciate any feedback and help.. 

Thanks in advance !!

• 7 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, bharathme said:

Hello all, 

My h1 is extended from Dec 14, 2018 onwards ( present I-797 expires Dec 13 ) and I need to go for stamping interview on Oct 1 ( returning Oct 31 to US ) . I have filled in DS-160 with new extended petition details and booked visa stamping appointment using same. Can someone please advise steps to take care so that stamping can be provided for whole duration before Dec 14 till end of new petition validity. Also, if you have experienced it, did u provide both current I-797 and new I-797 during the stamping process VAC appt or during interview ? I am guessing if I dont give old petition during interview, they would give stamping from Dec 14 start date. Please advise if I am wrong.....appreciate any feedback and help.. 

Thanks in advance !!

Hi did you get your H1B visa renewed with the future start on the petition, can you share your experience. 

Archived