B2 visa rejected for husband i'm on b-1/b-2 visa

vani5553

Hi, I was sponsored by my employer to attend business meetings for 3 weeks in Raleigh, US. My visa got granted in b-1/b-2 class. Since my child is just a year old, I brought him with me as well under b-2 class. My parents also got granted b-2 visa to visit my brother in Ohio, US. So my parents, my child and I came to US a week ago. At the port of entry, I mentioned to the immigration officer that I intend to stay for 2.5 months with my brother's family and parents in the US for leisure and sightseeing. The officer stamped my passport with 6 months duration and wrote B2 as the category.

I wanted my husband to join me in the US around Sep 25th so that we could spend some time with my brother's family and do some sightseeing. His visa however got rejected yesterday. He applied in b-2 category mentioning the travel duration as 2 weeks. He mentioned my brother's details as the US point of contact and mentioned that me and my son are in US currently on non-immigrant visa. He got a rejection under 214(b). 

The consular officer was not convinced with his case. 

The visa interview went as below:

CO: Purpose of visit?
Husband: Tourism

CO:Why would anyone go to Ohio for tourism(sarcatiscally)
Husband: I will first go to my brother-in-law's place, meet my wife and child and then go to other places like Arizona and New york for sightseeing

CO: It's surprising that your wife has her business meetings at the same location where your bro-in-law stays
Husband: No her business meetings will take place in Raleigh North Carolina for 3 weeks after which she'll stay at her brother's place. I then want to join her there to visit touristy places.

CO:Please give me a copy of your wife's visa
Husband:Hands over

CO: Takes a look and then returns the passport saying unfortunately we cannot grant you visa at this point of time

We want to reapply after 2-3 weeks. Please help us in improving our case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That is because he was out of town for work and I had to appear for visa interview soon based on my employer's request. Now I want my husband to join me on my trip so that we can visit a few places here in US. We have strong ties to our country and own property and are employed in our country with good salaries. Is there a way to put out our intention clearly. Our return tickets are also booked and entire trip is also planned out. It would be really helpful if you let me know how best to improve this case. Would it make any difference if I sponsored his trip instead of he being a self-sponsor(as earlier)

US embassies are very familiar with the one applies and if approved,, the spouse applies type of games. COs are trained in the culture and way of life in the country they're posted. Sure hubby can reapply mere weeks following a denial, but be prepared to part with another $160 and accept another likely rejection. Your hubby's credibility was shot the instant the CO began to have doubts about the wife's purpose of visit. 

Bears repeating, B1/B2 visas are never sponsored; not in India, not anywhere. If he has a good job as you claim, why would you pay?

The best bet would be for you to come back, to prove that you had no immigration intentions with your original B1/2, and then your husband to apply after an year or so.
He can tell that you 2 are going to US to visit your relatives together again and as you already have a visa and has come back there's more chance for his visa being approved. 

On 8/13/2018 at 4:06 PM, vani5553 said:

Our return tickets are also booked and entire trip is also planned out. It would be really helpful if you let me know how best to improve this case. Would it make any difference if I sponsored his trip instead of he being a self-sponsor(as earlier)

Why do you think return ticket and trip planning would matter? People cancel plane tickets and hotel bookings all the time.

And as others have already said, there is no sponsoring for visitor visas. And you even suggesting that shows that your claim of your husband having a good salary isn't quite true.

All this screams trying to deceive the officers at the consulate. Did you really think you are smarter than the people who see this kind of stuff every single day???

Archived