B2 visa for parents and aunt

don177245

Hi,

My parents will shortly be interviewing for B2 visa. Father is a retd. public sector senior executive, mother a homemaker. Together they earn about Rs. 18 lakhs p.a. primarily from rent and pension. Aunt is a widow and hence stays with my parents. She helps them with managing the property. In return, they support her partially. Parents will be paying 80% for their trip. Rest 20% sponsored by me. However, for my aunt, I'll sponsor 100%.

I am in F1 visa, last semester, and will be applying for OPT. But I have a pending full-time job offer. My questions about the interview are:

1. Does it increase the chances of getting the B2 visa if my parents tell the VO that I have a full-time over as opposed to saying I am a student? Because, with my full-time offer they have better solvency than me being a student. On the contrary, my full-time offer may be perceived by the VO as an intent to immigrate.

2. Parents have tax docs pertaining to the pension portion but not for the rental portion of their income. However, they do have bank statements showing rent deposits. Are there better ways to prove that their rent is part of their annual income?

3. How can they justify aunt's case as she is almost a dependent?

You should stay out of the visa process and not attempt to "guide" them. Presumably they are coming over to see the country and incidentally you for about 6 weeks as an once in a once in a lifetime trip. Let them look over Trip Advisor to identify tourist activities they may be interested in. They do not solicit documents and go by eye contact and brief responses to make a spot judgement in which there is always a dash of their inner prejudices . They can apply and see. Do not coach them. Do not use a visa tout. Let us know. Your Aunt could be a problem for getting the visa.

One suggestion is a group tour.

Suggest taking time to read previous posts here re: sponsorship of a b2 visa (there is no sponsorship!!!). 

Applicants apply for visas on their own, and are approved/denied on the merits of their applications. You have no role in the b2 visa process (other than to possibly help fill out the ds160). 

Archived