Travel during COS from H4 to H1

aruku

My Wife is on her H4 EAD which is valid until Oct 2020. Her H1 got picked this year and we are still waiting for a decision. We are traveling to India last week of august. I am totally aware of COS being declined as she is traveling out of the country. Does this mean her chances of approval for H1B petition is very low as well? We were planning to go to Canada sometime later this year to get her H1B stamped if its approved (Keeping figures crossed). Other option we are thinking is for her to stay in India until some decision is confirmed on her H1 and get it stamped. (Assuming premium processing starts from Sep 10th)

Please share your thoughts. 

On 8/11/2018 at 7:27 PM, aruku said:

My Wife is on her H4 EAD which is valid until Oct 2020. Her H1 got picked this year and we are still waiting for a decision. We are traveling to India last week of august. I am totally aware of COS being declined as she is traveling out of the country. Does this mean her chances of approval for H1B petition is very low as well? We were planning to go to Canada sometime later this year to get her H1B stamped if its approved (Keeping figures crossed). Other option we are thinking is for her to stay in India until some decision is confirmed on her H1 and get it stamped. (Assuming premium processing starts from Sep 10th)

Please share your thoughts. 

COS will be void once you leave country. But both your options sound good. Chances will not decline for H-1 approval if your travel out of country. It all depends on the employer credibility.

Archived