Port of Entry experience during entry with approved Immigrant Visa

pareshk

Hi,

I got immigrant visas approved for me and my wife in June 2018. I paid off Immigrant visa fees as well before travelling. I recently entered US with my wife and my experience was as follows:

1. We were asked to enter Visitors queue. The CBP officer during initial inspection asked for the Visa packets from US Mumbai Embassy. We handed them over and he updated the address where we wanted our GCs received.

2.  He sent us to secondary inspection room thereafter. A CBP officer there interviewed me and posed tough questions regarding my overall work experience and employer. I co-operated and provided all necessary documentation to satisfy the officer. I received the stamp stamped across the two passport pages which read "Admitted" and my visa category as E31. My wife got a similar stamp as "Admitted" with visa category E34.

My concern is there is no validity mentioned there. There is no Perm. Resident written on stamp. Also, There is no I-551 or the work authorization stamp given. I asked the officer about when we'll get our plastic cards in mail to which he replied that "Several weeks if you got it".

Pl let me know if the given stamps are sufficient and the GC process is over or do I still need to take any further action. Our USCIS case status online still reads "Immigrant visa fee payment received" after one week and not changed yet.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Archived