Can I travel back to US on B1 after having gap of 3 months between last exit and new entry

B1VisaHolder

Hi team,

I am an employee of XYZ company. I hold B1/B2 visa valid for 10 years. I’ve travelled to US on May xx 2018 and stayed there for 4 weeks for business meetings/ training. At port of entry, I was asked like why do I need to stay for 4 weeks when meetings can be completed in 4-5 days then I was asked to show the return ticket etc. Later I was sent to another immigration officer counter to convince him. He asked me about my previous US visit (Around 6 months stay in 2015 on L1B visa with previous company ABC) and said that last time you came on L1 and now on B1. I explained that I switched my job and now am traveling with new company XYZ to attend business meetings. He then asked how long you gonna stay and I said 4 weeks. He asked about what do the previous company ABC do and then current company XYZ do then I explained about it. He then asked looks like these two companies are in different domains then how are you working as a senior resource in the current company. I explained him that am a software developer whose job is just to implement the requirement which doesn’t need much of the domain knowledge. He was convinced and allowed entry for 6 months. I stayed back for 4 weeks as stated and returned from US on Jun xx 2018.

Now our company has me a travel plan for 4 weeks again to attend business meetings/ trainings. This is planned for a time which is exactly 3 months after I left US. It’s like I stayed for 4 weeks in US and returned to home country and stayed there for 3 months and I will be again at same port of entry like last time with same B1/B2 visa. In some forums, I get to read that folks say it is very risky to travel back on B1 with a gap of less than 6 months and there are chances that visa can be cancelled and one can be sent back. So, it opens up many questions in my mind.

What questions can I expect at port of entry?

How much risky it is to go for this travel?

Are there any chances that visa can be cancelled if I go for this travel?

Any suggestions/ documents to carry if it is safe to go for this travel?

Thanks in advance

Archived