Initial OPT Denied. Planning for new admission

My initial OPT I-765 got denied and asked to leave the US immediately. I got a job starting August 20 and am planning to join a university that offers day 1 CPT.

The new I-20 with new SEVIS has been given to me and I was asked to leave the country and come back as my old SEVIS status says completed.

Could you please let me know the choices I have to cross the border and come back.

The DSO suggested to go to San Deigo and cross Mexico border to get new stamping. My friends and relatives told me to go to India and come back immediately. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 7:10 PM, JaideepAyancha said:

My initial OPT I-765 got denied and asked to leave the US immediately. I got a job starting August 20 and am planning to join a university that offers day 1 CPT.

The new I-20 with new SEVIS has been given to me and I was asked to leave the country and come back as my old SEVIS status says completed.

Could you please let me know the choices I have to cross the border and come back.

The DSO suggested to go to San Deigo and cross Mexico border to get new stamping. My friends and relatives told me to go to India and come back immediately. 

If you have a valid F1 visa in your passport, you can cross the border and get back on F1 status with new I-20. 

As Joef mentioned, your day one CPT might work temporarily but you may face problems in future. 

Archived