Dependent I94 expired , but having Valid I 797.

Kumbham25

Dear Sir,
Dependent Visa and passport has validity till Jan 2019 but i94 has expired in Mar 2018.
Case:
My self and my dependents H1B extension approved and got I797 & I94 till Jan 2019 for all. After that I have Visited India and got stamped and entered in US on Nov 2017 along with my wife and daughter (H4 visa), We all got visa and its expiring on Jan 2019. but got different i94 expiry dates for my daughter and they gave till Mar 2018 same as  her passport expiration date of my daughter. But mine and my wife is fine up to Jan 2019.

I have noticed this difference now when I am submitting my case for H1B extension thru my employer.
My employer is unable to file the case for my dependents due to their I-94 status, and since its more then 120 days I am really worried about its consequences.

I have not realized that POE has given them different I-94 expiration dates for my daughter, please help how to get my daughter I94 extension.

Thank you.
On 8/3/2018 at 5:35 PM, Kumbham25 said:

Dear Sir,
Dependent Visa and passport has validity till Jan 2019 but i94 has expired in Mar 2018.
Case:
My self and my dependents H1B extension approved and got I797 & I94 till Jan 2019 for all. After that I have Visited India and got stamped and entered in US on Nov 2017 along with my wife and daughter (H4 visa), We all got visa and its expiring on Jan 2019. but got different i94 expiry dates for my daughter and they gave till Mar 2018 same as  her passport expiration date of my daughter. But mine and my wife is fine up to Jan 2019.

I have noticed this difference now when I am submitting my case for H1B extension thru my employer.
My employer is unable to file the case for my dependents due to their I-94 status, and since its more then 120 days I am really worried about its consequences.

I have not realized that POE has given them different I-94 expiration dates for my daughter, please help how to get my daughter I94 extension.

Thank you.

She can travel out of country and get stamped once your H-1 extension is done. Do not stay for more than 180 days. Contact an attorney for alternate options.

Archived