Urgent help - Lost job on H1B last week. H1B to H4 COS & H4-EAD.

arbiadya

Hello, I lost my job on H1B last week. To remain in status and also be able to work, I am filing for H4 COS (I-539) and H4-EAD (I-765) concurrently. What should I fill on the I-765 form for question #25 "Your current immigration status or category" ?  I read online that there is a 60 day grace period after loss of job on H1B where a person is not considered "out of status". But since I am filing for H4 COS as well,  and that is what will need to be approved first before my I-765 application being processed, at that time my status will be "H4".

So options are :

1) Your Current immigrations status : H1B (within 60 day grace period after job loss)

2) Your Current immigrations status : H4 (Considering H4 needs to be approved first before H4-EAD application) 

3) Your Current immigrations status : H1B. Pending H4 COS.

Anyone in similar situation earlier ? Help will be much appreciated.

On 7/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, arbiadya said:

Hello, I lost my job on H1B last week. To remain in status and also be able to work, I am filing for H4 COS (I-539) and H4-EAD (I-765) concurrently. What should I fill on the I-765 form for question #25 "Your current immigration status or category" ?  I read online that there is a 60 day grace period after loss of job on H1B where a person is not considered "out of status". But since I am filing for H4 COS as well,  and that is what will need to be approved first before my I-765 application being processed, at that time my status will be "H4".

So options are :

1) Your Current immigrations status : H1B (within 60 day grace period after job loss)

2) Your Current immigrations status : H4 (Considering H4 needs to be approved first before H4-EAD application) 

3) Your Current immigrations status : H1B. Pending H4 COS.

Anyone in similar situation earlier ? Help will be much appreciated.

It is H1-B. The question is about the status when you are filling the application.

Archived