Planning to apply H1 to H4 COS & H4 EAD for my wife.. have questions.

Santhosh Yama

Hi, I am currently on H1B recently approved till March 2021 with employer A and have an approved I 140 from April 2017. My wife is currently on H1 B which is in her last year of the 6 years cap. I am planning to apply for her COS to H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously and have below questions :

I have read in some posts that a faster way to get the H4 & H4 EAD adjudicated is by applying an amendment on my current H1 B petition and apply the H4 & H4 EAD together. My H1 B extension is recently being approved (in last 1 week). Can we apply an amendment on H1 B in premium processing without any changes in the client, location etc  just to get the H4 & H4 EAD adjudicated faster ?

I have read that the SLA for USCIS to give a decision of H4 EAD application is 90 days and after that time, we can call them and get them to provide a decision as it is past the 90 day period ? Is this true? If not, could you please tell the latest processing time for H4 EAD ? 

Also, I am planning to switch employers to Employer B in few days. Can I transfer my H1 B to new employer when the H4 COS & H4 EAD for my wife are in process with USCIS ? Will it create a problem ? 

Thanks a lot in advance.

Archived