Parents -Missed Biometrics & Approved Advanced Parole

Anurag1012

I am a naturalized US Citizen and had filed I-130 and I-485 for my parents last fall (Nov 7th 2017). My parents had to leave to India on Nov 25th 2017 due to a family member being critically ill. We received biometric appointment notice some time in Dec 2017 and I had requested to postpone it to Feb 2018. I received the new biometric appointment  notices for March 2018. In the mean time the family member passed away and my parents couldn't make it back in time. So I had requested to postpone the finger printing to April 2018. But I haven't received any notice back from USCIS about rescheduling the appointment. In the mean time their advance parole got approved till Jan 2019. I do not see any activity on their I-130 or I-485 petition since Nov 2018. 

These are my questions.

1. Can my parents get back to into the USA using the AP which is valid till Jan 2019 ? Will they face any difficulty at port of entry? They also have B1/B2 visa valid through 2020

2. Is it better to switch to consular processing ? We have spent quite a bit of money getting their 693 and can this be used for consular processing? Does Chennai offer Consular Processing?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Archived