H1b, H4 dropbox

csb514

Hi,

I am planning to travel to India with an approved H1b extension till 09/2021 with same employer and different end client (same location). Giving a background on my case so far:

I first came to USA with my family on H1B and H4 visa respectively where I received visa for three years (Dec 2014 to Sep 2017).

Later I filed extension for H1B and H4 and got it approved for one year which is until Sep 2018 (approved I797 but not stamped).  

Valid stamped visa on all our passports were expired on Sep 2017.

My wife and kid traveled to India and went to drop box and they got their visa stamped and valid until Sep 12th 2018.

Mean time I filed my extension (only H1 as H4 is not in US)  with premium processing, got it approved until Sep 2021. I'm planning to travel to India before end of August 2018.

In this case, I think I'm still eligible for drop box if I'm not wrong.

My question is:

• is my wife and kid still eligible for drop box one more time?
  • if so, do they need additional documents other than approved and previous I797

Thanks in advance!

Awaiting response.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:54 PM, csb514 said:

Hi,

I am planning to travel to India with an approved H1b extension till 09/2021 with same employer and different end client (same location). Giving a background on my case so far:

I first came to USA with my family on H1B and H4 visa respectively where I received visa for three years (Dec 2014 to Sep 2017).

Later I filed extension for H1B and H4 and got it approved for one year which is until Sep 2018 (approved I797 but not stamped).  

Valid stamped visa on all our passports were expired on Sep 2017.

My wife and kid traveled to India and went to drop box and they got their visa stamped and valid until Sep 12th 2018.

Mean time I filed my extension (only H1 as H4 is not in US)  with premium processing, got it approved until Sep 2021. I'm planning to travel to India before end of August 2018.

In this case, I think I'm still eligible for drop box if I'm not wrong.

My question is:

• is my wife and kid still eligible for drop box one more time?
  • if so, do they need additional documents other than approved and previous I797

Thanks in advance!

Awaiting response.

Yes, they are eligible.

Just current and previous I-797's.

Archived