H1b Drop box eligibility

TG86

Hello,

I have my current H1b (1st H1b) that was initially got stamped in Jamaica. I have visited india few times there after ,since I've already has stamp on it and no issues with it.The current situation is my visa (i94 and stamp on PP)had expired in March2018 (which obviously I have h1b extension approved now ) and  have to plan to go USA consulate again to get stamped on PP. I'm planning to go india this time for the stamping,but I have few questions if anyone would able to help me,

Am I eligible for the dropbox option in india since my first H1b stamping is not in india.

My stamp on PP was expired in March2018, if I'm eligible for the dropbox option how soon I have to go india to use dropbox option?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, TG86 said:

Hello,

I have my current H1b (1st H1b) that was initially got stamped in Jamaica. I have visited india few times there after ,since I've already has stamp on it and no issues with it.The current situation is my visa (i94 and stamp on PP)had expired in March2018 (which obviously I have h1b extension approved now ) and  have to plan to go USA consulate again to get stamped on PP. I'm planning to go india this time for the stamping,but I have few questions if anyone would able to help me,

Am I eligible for the dropbox option in india since my first H1b stamping is not in india.

My stamp on PP was expired in March2018, if I'm eligible for the dropbox option how soon I have to go india to use dropbox option?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

NO you are not eligible. Your previous stamping has to be in India to be eligible.

Archived