Employer not responding to RFE

USANikhil

My I797 with my my current company expired on 30th March 2018 and my company has filed for H1-B extension in the month of December 2017.
I received RFE for my extension application for client site location in first week of May for which my employer did not respond and terminated me on 30th June as I did not have any project during that time. But they have not revoked my H1-B and the status is still in progress for my H1-B extension.
However my latest I94 expiration date is August 1st 2018 and my passport is stamped with H1-B visa till August 1st 2018.

I found another employer and they has filed an LCA yesterday(07/16/2018) for a 2 year project and will file for H1-B next week.

I have few questions here for which I need your professional opinion:

1. Am I legally allowed to stay here in US after August 1st if my application for H1-B transfer is in progress and if Yes till how long?

2. Can more than one employer file for my H1-B transfer and if yes do they have to do it before August 1st ?

3. Should I be worried about the NTA ?

18 hours ago, USANikhil said:
My I797 with my my current company expired on 30th March 2018 and my company has filed for H1-B extension in the month of December 2017.
I received RFE for my extension application for client site location in first week of May for which my employer did not respond and terminated me on 30th June as I did not have any project during that time. But they have not revoked my H1-B and the status is still in progress for my H1-B extension.
However my latest I94 expiration date is August 1st 2018 and my passport is stamped with H1-B visa till August 1st 2018.

I found another employer and they has filed an LCA yesterday(07/16/2018) for a 2 year project and will file for H1-B next week.

I have few questions here for which I need your professional opinion:

1. Am I legally allowed to stay here in US after August 1st if my application for H1-B transfer is in progress and if Yes till how long?

2. Can more than one employer file for my H1-B transfer and if yes do they have to do it before August 1st ?

3. Should I be worried about the NTA ?

#3 NTA is not triggered till your immigration benefit application is denied. 

Archived