Queries regarding H1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD

imiuser2504

Hi,

My Immigration details:

H1B: Valid till JAN 2019

I140: Approved in MARCH 2018

My Wife Immigration Details:

H1B: Valid till JULY 2019

In Next month, I’m planning to apply for my H1 extension in premium process. Along with my H1 extension, I’m planning to apply for my Wife’s H1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD.

That being said, I have following queries related to this process

With all H4 EAD removal confusion going with current administration, I was wondering if it’s still good idea to apply for H4 EAD in 2nd week of AUG 2018.Please let me know if anyone has applied for EAD recently and if it got approved.

In case if H4 EAD is not approved and H1 to H4 COS gets approved, can we still use her old approved H1B to continue working(she has valid H1B till JULY 2019).

If not my understanding is new H1 transfer needs to be filled for COS from H4 to H1 ,correct?

Do we have option to choose H4 EFFECTIVE DATE when filling COS?

If H4 EFFECTIVE DATE is selected as JAN 2019 and if H4 EAD gets denied in SEP 2018, do we have option to withdraw H4 EFFECTIVE DATE kick-off and continue working on H1B?

I have read in some forums that EAD gets approved only after completing 3 months in H4 status, is this true? Also, will the case be same when applied with H1B extension in Premium, meaning will H4 EAD gets approved only after completing 3 months on H4 status.

Thanks

On 7/19/2018 at 10:53 PM, imiuser2504 said:

Hi,

My Immigration details:

H1B: Valid till JAN 2019

I140: Approved in MARCH 2018

My Wife Immigration Details:

H1B: Valid till JULY 2019

In Next month, I’m planning to apply for my H1 extension in premium process. Along with my H1 extension, I’m planning to apply for my Wife’s H1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD.

That being said, I have following queries related to this process

With all H4 EAD removal confusion going with current administration, I was wondering if it’s still good idea to apply for H4 EAD in 2nd week of AUG 2018.Please let me know if anyone has applied for EAD recently and if it got approved.

In case if H4 EAD is not approved and H1 to H4 COS gets approved, can we still use her old approved H1B to continue working(she has valid H1B till JULY 2019).

If not my understanding is new H1 transfer needs to be filled for COS from H4 to H1 ,correct?

If H4 EFFECTIVE DATE is selected as JAN 2019 and if H4 EAD gets denied in SEP 2018, do we have option to withdraw H4 EFFECTIVE DATE kick-off and continue working on H1B?

I have read in some forums that EAD gets approved only after completing 3 months in H4 status, is this true? Also, will the case be same when applied with H1B extension in Premium, meaning will H4 EAD gets approved only after completing 3 months on H4 status.

Thanks

New employer has to apply COS from H-4 to H-1 for her to start working again.

You can put a date, but USCIS puts a start date whenever they approve the applications.

That is wrong information.

Archived