H1b Interview Question

Hello,

I was working in City A for few years for Client X. Now I moved to City B and working for the same client X from home remotely.

What if VO asks me why did you move to city B and working remotely?  what should I reply?

(The actual reason is since my client allows me to work remotely, I moved to city B where my lot of friends & cousins live.)

Please suggest.

TIA.

If home in city B is within 50 miles of work location, working from home occasionally wont pose a problem. However, you seem to be working from home all the time, if LCA does not specify work from home as a worksite, you may be in trouble if CO goes in depth and ask you such questions. I doubt he or she will have that much time to go through your application in the first place.

Imagining a random uscis field officer's visit in your location X makes me think you will be in heap of trouble, 

Again, with limited info that you have provided, no one can help you much here beside giving you random facts. I would consult your employers attorneys first to start with.

3 hours ago, xTDx said:

If home in city B is within 50 miles of work location, working from home occasionally wont pose a problem. However, you seem to be working from home all the time, if LCA does not specify work from home as a worksite, you may be in trouble if CO goes in depth and ask you such questions. I doubt he or she will have that much time to go through your application in the first place.

Imagining a random uscis field officer's visit in your location X makes me think you will be in heap of trouble, 

Again, with limited info that you have provided, no one can help you much here beside giving you random facts. I would consult your employers attorneys first to start with.

My LCA do specify that currently I work from home all the time.

4 hours ago, rkovoor said:

Hello,

I was working in City A for few years for Client X. Now I moved to City B and working for the same client X from home remotely.

What if VO asks me why did you move to city B and working remotely?  what should I reply?

(The actual reason is since my client allows me to work remotely, I moved to city B where my lot of friends & cousins live.)

Please suggest.

TIA.

Reply with the truth. 

Is what you're doing illegal relative to the terms of your visa?  

Archived