Travelling on 8 Year Old Visa

Sunil4892

My mother had visited to US (for 2 months) in the year 2010 and my sister (who was on a L1) had sponsored her.  My moms visa is expiring on 2020. My sister is no longer living in the states. 

Now I am on H1B (since last 2 years) and my wife is joining me on H4 next week. I want my mom to come to US with my wife. So my queries are,

1) Can my mom travel with the Visa that she has expiring on 2020.

2) if yes, what all documents she need to carry considering the my sister is no longer in US and it is me who is sponsoring the trip.

3) Also i tried to search my mom i-94 but i could not find. How does this matter for the upcoming travel.

Thanks a lot in advance for your response. 

1: Yes

2: Usually for visitors, there is no such thing as sponsorship. But should be ready to answers  some of the POE officer's questions like:

Where will you stay in USA ?

Why visiting USA ?

Who lives in USA ?

How many days ? 

All you need is a valid Visa, some cash or money , a valid passport, a valid reason to visit USA as per the visa requirements and a reason to go back before that i-94 expires, you do not need anything. She can carry a copy of your valid i94 , however, no one should ask her any of your documents under a normal POE application.

3:  If she did not violate her last visiter visa terms like overstayed beyond i-94, she doesn't need an old copy. POE officer would have all the details. 

Archived