H1B Dropbox (Visa Interview Waiver) Question

Vaishak

Hello!

My employer had filed an H1B extension petition for me in January 2018 which got an RFE and was subsequently denied. The employer filed another H1B extension petition again and it got approved (thankfully).I was on valid H1B status all the while and never went out of status. 

I am planning to visit India in the month of November to get my visa re-stamped, and I believe I qualify for the visa interview waiver (a.k.a dropbox). The list of criteria which should be satisfied to be eligible for dropbox are below.

·       1. I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply

·       2. My most recent visa was issued in India

·       3. I received my visa after January 1, 2008

·       4. My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.

·       5. My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday

·       6. I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance

·       7. If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I am wondering if the answer for statement number 6 would be 'Yes' in my scenario considering the fact that I had initially got an RFE and a reject in the first H1B extension petition which was filed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Vaishak said:

Hello!

My employer had filed an H1B extension petition for me in January 2018 which got an RFE and was subsequently denied. The employer filed another H1B extension petition again and it got approved (thankfully).I was on valid H1B status all the while and never went out of status. 

I am planning to visit India in the month of November to get my visa re-stamped, and I believe I qualify for the visa interview waiver (a.k.a dropbox). The list of criteria which should be satisfied to be eligible for dropbox are below.

·       1. I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply

·       2. My most recent visa was issued in India

·       3. I received my visa after January 1, 2008

·       4. My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.

·       5. My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday

·       6. I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance

·       7. If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I am wondering if the answer for statement number 6 would be 'Yes' in my scenario considering the fact that I had initially got an RFE and a reject in the first H1B extension petition which was filed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did you get I-797B document ?

Extension denial is not the visa denial (Visa denial is when you attend visa interview), so answer should be  "NO".

Good Luck  for your visa interview !!!

Archived