AC21 portability not done with new company, suggestion to move back to old one ?

Selva Chellappan

I have EAD through company A, I moved to company B, they did my AC21 portability. At present my I-140 has Company B's name in it.

Then I moved to Company C & now am working in Company D. No AC21 portability was done in these companies.

With the new rule of no RFE for the missing documents, will there be any issue in my I-485 application processing asking for the current company details.

Now we have very limited time to do AC21 portability. Company D hasn't done that till date even after several requests.

Is it better to move to Company B, as my I-140 is in their name ?

Will it avoid the USCIS asking for current employer details ?

6 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Are you really in a position to do company hopping? AC21 just means the company D, X Yor Z gives you an appropriate job offer. Nothing more.

No, am not interested in switching the company. Since my I-140 has Company B's name and now am working with Company D (No AC21 done yet), will there be any RFE asking for the current employer during my I-485 ? If there's any possibility for RFE, then is it wise to move back to Company B where my current I-140 is with.

• 2 weeks later...

AC-21 do not have any form or we don't get any receipt or acknowledgment from USCIS. It is just a fancy employment letter sent to USCIS. I know a couple of guys didn't bother to file them and they are all fine with GC now. I think we need to file Supplement-J going forward...

https://www.************/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/changing-employer.html

Archived