Does credit score affects H1B visa stamping

21 hours ago, CSERFE said:

Safe side take another 50 K USD personal loan. Incase visa approval you can pay back, otherwise it goes to tooooo

Not sure if this is a sarcastic comment, however, it is highly illegal and comes under bank fraud.

Credit Score on its own cannot be a factor for h1b petition but while applying for h1b visa you declare to not to be a public charge being a non immigrant applicant. DOS doesn't ask about your credit score on DS160 and I am not aware of them knowing it via countless systems and databases they have access to. I would not think about it anymore. Don't be worried about these things and try to pay up your debt.

Edited by xTDx
  • 11 months later...

Hey everyone - wanted to piggyback on some of the questions around getting credit in America. Nova Credit (https://www.novacredit.com/) can help you transfer your credit history from abroad. This means that you can apply for certain financial products, including cards, using your foreign credit profile once you get to America.

(Yes I’m affiliated with Nova Credit - we're trying to spread the word and think this could help some people here!)