H1B Amendment and Extension together

RockFly

My Visa is expiring on Sep 9, 2018 and My I-94 on Sep 19, 2018. I have a valid petition until Jan 17, 2019. I have changed city three months back and my Amendment was filed and is in-progress.  I am going to apply for my extension next week (3rd week of July).. 

1. Am I too late to apply for extension? My employer earlier had informed me that Amendment should give new I-94 and we can wait until July 2018 to submit H1B extension. Hence, I was waiting on that. I have reminded my employer yesterday about extension and now he was asking me to get client and vendor letter to submit extension.

2. Can both H1B extn and Amendment process happen in parallel? I do understand about Amendment purpose, however, If my Amendment gets approved and H1B extn has some issue, what will be the impact?

3. With new Rule, If my H1B extn process goes beyond Sep 11, 2018, I am worried that there will be straight denial without any RFEs etc. Due to some medical condition, I needed to stay in US for at least an year. I am wondering about my options, if both H1B extn and Amendment gets denied or one gets approved and other gets denied etc.. 

Archived