School transfer OPT rule

sqm5685

Hi I currently came across this article (http://myattorneyusa.com/reminder-about-termination-of-opt-after-school-transfer-or-change-in-education-level) which state "On May 18, 2018, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued a reminder for F1 students on OPT titled “Automatic Termination of Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students If They Transfer to a Different School or Begin Study at Another Educational Level” [PDF version]." 

I went to school A which was a community college and took most of the Gen-ed courses there (did not get any associate's degree from there) and then transferred to school B (same SEVIS) after a year for my bachelors degree and I got my bachelors degree from there and applied for OPT. So based on the above rule/statement do I not qualify for OPT anymore? 

Thanks!

This rule applies to those who transfer schools while on OPT or those who transfer to a different degree level before applying for OPT..
(If you went to school A & did a bachelors degree and transfered to school B for masters without applying for OPT or before your OPT is completed then your bachelor level OPT ends)
Since you didn't apply for OPT at bachelors degree level and didn't transfer to another university for a masters degree while pending OPT you can apply for OPT with no issues. 

Archived