Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pr28

Single girl applying for B2 visa with her parents... what are my chances?

Recommended Posts

Hi... I'm a single Indian woman (actually I do have a boyfriend and have been in a long term relationship for some years...) and I'm applying for a B2 visa along with my parents to go visit my younger brother who's currently working in the USA. We also want to visit  a few tourist attractions while we're there. My question is, what are my chances?? I have been refused a tourist visa twice to visit my brother last year but back then I applied alone and this time I'm planning to travel with my parents so would this make any difference? I'm also working in a financial company for the past 7 months... Last time, I applied I was working for a different company. So what are my chances of getting approved as well as my parents?? Thanks.

 

Btw, I'm 29years old and from India.

Edited by pr28

Share this post


Link to post

your application will not be strengthened by applying with your parents....they have no legal control over your actions....short term employment and being young and single are all red flags....who gets an extended vacation after just a few months in a new job? Virtually no one....a new job is not a strong tie, since you have nothing to lose by abandoning it....I would not expect an approval, no matter what your parents might try to say during their interview - they cannot, for example, 'take responsibility' for you, since you are an adult.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

your application will not be strengthened by applying with your parents....they have no legal control over your actions....short term employment and being young and single are all red flags....who gets an extended vacation after just a few months in a new job? Virtually no one....a new job is not a strong tie, since you have nothing to lose by abandoning it....I would not expect an approval, no matter what your parents might try to say during their interview - they cannot, for example, 'take responsibility' for you, since you are an adult.

Over here in India, it's not uncommon for an employee to get at least a 15 day vacation sanctioned after working there for more than six months. Especially when you say you are travelling abroad with your family, employers are way more likely to grant it.

Share this post


Link to post

nonetheless, a job of less than a year is not a strong reason to return...and lots of people say they are going to stay 15 days, but instead end up staying permanently...what you say about that time is largely meaningless....COs know that our border folks routinely admit people for six months....and again, applying with your parents will not make your case better or stronger....you are an adult...and not subject to their control.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Noah Lott said:

nonetheless, a job of less than a year is not a strong reason to return...and lots of people say they are going to stay 15 days, but instead end up staying permanently...what you say about that time is largely meaningless....COs know that our border folks routinely admit people for six months....and again, applying with your parents will not make your case better or stronger....you are an adult...and not subject to their control.

Then you really don't know Indian parents... 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, misspx said:

Then you really don't know Indian parents... 😂😂😂

Lol  (Indian parents are like any other the world over.. some Indian parents are controlling of a 29-yr old daughter, others allow more independence). Throw a boyfriend in the mix, and things change. 

You and the OP appear to share some similarities.  Did you get the B2 you were applying for a year ago? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Provence said:

Lol  (Indian parents are like any other the world over.. some Indian parents are controlling of a 29-yr old daughter, others allow more independence). Throw a boyfriend in the mix, and things change. 

You and the OP appear to share some similarities.  Did you get the B2 you were applying for a year ago? 

Lol mine are definitely on the controlling side. I'm too scared to even tell them I have a boyfriend.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×