Any risk of visitor visa extension?

immigrant_song

Ordinarily not a major issue. If the extension is denied after the current I94 expires and they are still here, their visa is deemed cancelled. 

Under the extraordinary circumstances in which this country finds itself, I would not apply for their extension and would make sure they leave before the current i94 EXPIRES.

1 hour ago, immigrant_song said:

My parents are coming in August.

i am debating between applying for green card after they enter US or extend their I-94 for 6 more months after they enter US.

both seem risky given the current situation 

You can petition them by filing an I-130 for each of them now. Following a short US visit, they return to their home country. They get their immigrant visas after an interview at the US consulate in Mumbai. That's the legally safest option. 

Never heard anyone talk about a b2 extension prior to entering the US. Extensions should only be requested for medical emergencies or other events out of human control. You seem to have it all wrong!

4 hours ago, immigrant_song said:

My parents are coming in August.

i am debating between applying for green card after they enter US or extend their I-94 for 6 more months after they enter US.

both seem risky given the current situation 

You realize that you have to be a US Citizen to sponsor a GC for your parents, right?

Also, they would have to reside in the US once they have the GC.

Applying while they are in the US on a visitor visa could result in problems because the visitor visa doesn't allow immigration intent. As others have said, if they wish to move to the US, you should indicate Consular Processing on the I-130.

If they just want to visit once in a while, going for a GC would be the wrong way.

Archived