H1b Visa Stamping status showing Refused

Hi,

I had VISA stamping interview on Jun 14th, and was given white form with some documents marked to be submitted online. I didn't check status until I submitted my documents.

But to my surprise it shows "Refused" with update date same as my interview date, and also shows to follow any instructions given at the time of interview.

I have submitted all requested documents on June 28th but status is still same with same date and hasn't been updated at all..

Any suggestions or info on similar cases?

On 7/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, deepaknuniwal said:

Hi,

I had VISA stamping interview on Jun 14th, and was given white form with some documents marked to be submitted online. I didn't check status until I submitted my documents.

But to my surprise it shows "Refused" with update date same as my interview date, and also shows to follow any instructions given at the time of interview.

I have submitted all requested documents on June 28th but status is still same with same date and hasn't been updated at all..

Any suggestions or info on similar cases?

Where does it says "refused" ? Refused doesnt means denied. It may be refused at that time because of administrative processing but can be approved later after admin processing. 

Did you try emailing consulate ? If not do that and see what they say. It looks like to me that your case is in AP (Admin Processing) which has no certain timelines for a decision. Usually people get a decision in 2 months.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:38 AM, xTDx said:

Where does it says "refused" ? Refused doesnt means denied. It may be refused at that time because of administrative processing but can be approved later after admin processing. 

Did you try emailing consulate ? If not do that and see what they say. It looks like to me that your case is in AP (Admin Processing) which has no certain timelines for a decision. Usually people get a decision in 2 months.

Thanks, yes it shows refused for status, under https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/

Capture.PNG

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...