Male h4 stamping in Kolkata after losing h1b job

PokerFace

Hello, 

I lost my job on h1b and couldn't find anything during the 60 days grace period, so I left US before the grace period ended and I am going for h4 stamping next week in Kolkata. 

About me - I am a male and my wife has valid H1b. I worked in USA for over 7 years and I have my i140 approved.  

I have all h1b & financial papers of my wife, along with marriage certificate and some photos for the interview. I have a few questions -

1) What kinda questions should I expect at the interview, particularly because I am going from h1b to h4 and I am a male (not being sexist just couldn't find enough information about husbands moving from h1b to h4)?

2) If the interviewer asks me what I plan on doing in US on H4 I am going to tell them that I want to pursue business school and I am going to take a few months break to prepare for that, is that an okay answer? Do I need a different answer? 

3) Do I need any documents from my work in US over last few years? 

4) While filling DS160 how far back should I go when filling my US entry and exit dates? 

Thanks in advance! 

On 7/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, PokerFace said:

Hello, 

I lost my job on h1b and couldn't find anything during the 60 days grace period, so I left US before the grace period ended and I am going for h4 stamping next week in Kolkata. 

About me - I am a male and my wife has valid H1b. I worked in USA for over 7 years and I have my i140 approved.  

I have all h1b & financial papers of my wife, along with marriage certificate and some photos for the interview. I have a few questions -

1) What kinda questions should I expect at the interview, particularly because I am going from h1b to h4 and I am a male (not being sexist just couldn't find enough information about husbands moving from h1b to h4)?

2) If the interviewer asks me what I plan on doing in US on H4 I am going to tell them that I want to pursue business school and I am going to take a few months break to prepare for that, is that an okay answer? Do I need a different answer? 

3) Do I need any documents from my work in US over last few years? 

4) While filling DS160 how far back should I go when filling my US entry and exit dates? 

Thanks in advance! 

1) General questions baout your stay in US and about your spouse job details.

2) Answer what your plan is.

3) Yes, you need to carry all your docs and your spouse docs.

4) Think it is 5 years.

Archived