Visitor visa overstay

GRavi

My parents visited us second time during their 10-year B2 visa.  I just realized that my parents I-94 expired yesterday (on 07/06/2018), and they left the US on 07/07/2018. 

Is this considered an overstay? 

I'm planning to apply for another B2 visa sometime in December 2018, as their current 10 year visa is expiring on November 10, 2018.

Thanks.

I know of a case, during a renewal they were grilled during the interview (drop box was not allowed) on a 4 day accidental overstay similar to yours and eventually denied. 

Just the current political  environment and what not..keep your fingers crossed..

7 hours ago, cap-gap said:

I know of a case, during a renewal they were grilled during the interview (drop box was not allowed) on a 4 day accidental overstay similar to yours and eventually denied. 

Just the current political  environment and what not..keep your fingers crossed..

Any overstay automatically invalidates the visa. So, a person trying to enter with the same visa after an overstay WILL get denied entry. This has been the law from way before Trump. It for sure is 100% enforced under Trump.

23 hours ago, GRavi said:

My parents visited us second time during their 10-year B2 visa.  I just realized that my parents I-94 expired yesterday (on 07/06/2018), and they left the US on 07/07/2018. 

Is this considered an overstay? 

I'm planning to apply for another B2 visa sometime in December 2018, as their current 10 year visa is expiring on November 10, 2018.

Thanks.

You will not be applying for their B2; your parents would be. 

If they manage to obtain a new visa in December, it'll be obvious the one-day overstay was immaterial. 

Archived