H1B Visa stamping, status change from H! to H4 to H1, change of employer status unknown

Indu12

Hello,

My current situation is ::

I was on H1B visa status till Aug 2016. In Oct 2016 I went to India and came back to US on H4 in Dec 2016. Got my H1B visa in Feb 2017 till Dec 2018. My employer filled for H1B amendment and extension in Sep 2017 and got approval till Dec 2019 (Latest visa validity date). Now I am planning to travel India in Aug 2018. I was working as a contractor all these years. 

1) Do I need to go for visa stamping or can I go for Drop box?

2) While filling the H1B questioner in CGI web site I am not sure what to answer for below questions :

i) Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? (Yes /No)

ii) Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? (Yes / No)
Note:Please ensure that the 12 month validity is valid on the date of appointment/submission.

3) Recently I got an Full-time opportunity and my H1B transfer process is initiated. In case my H1B transfer is approved and I did not  have enough time to give notice to my current employer and join new company before I go for vacation. Then if I join the new company after coming back from India (stanming with current employer) do the new company needs to file for amendment? 

4) In the above situation if my H1B transfer is still in process before I go to India, is it ok to travel with my current employer H1B documentation and get visa stamping?

Please advise and help me out. Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Indu.

Archived