All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lakki

Travel during H4EAD processing

I have applied for H4-EAD and is still in processing. Can i travel outside US when H4-EAD is in processing? Also, I have to go for Visa Stamping when i travel . Will there be any problem during stamping (As H4-EAD is in processing) ?

Thank You.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, lakki said:

I have applied for H4-EAD and is still in processing. Can i travel outside US when H4-EAD is in processing? Also, I have to go for Visa Stamping when i travel . Will there be any problem during stamping (As H4-EAD is in processing) ?

Thank You.

Risky to travel when H-4 EAD is processing. They might reject your application stating that you travelled out of country during processing.

11 minutes ago, shekar11# said:

Risky to travel when H-4 EAD is processing. They might reject your application stating that you travelled out of country during processing.

Incorrect Info. Travelling on while H4 EAD is in process (you have been sent a receipt notice) has nothing to do with approval or denial. Except that , if they send you an RFE, you might not be here to see and reply to it.

You do not need to be in continuous H4 status while h4ead is pending decision.

23 hours ago, xTDx said:

Incorrect Info. Travelling on while H4 EAD is in process (you have been sent a receipt notice) has nothing to do with approval or denial. Except that , if they send you an RFE, you might not be here to see and reply to it.

You do not need to be in continuous H4 status while h4ead is pending decision.

When they are trying to make a decison and you are not in the country at that time they might sent a NOIR (Notice of intent to revoke). I saw a couple of posts in this forum. Again to be 100% sure OP can check with their attorney.

Edited by shekar11#

4 hours ago, shekar11# said:

When they are trying to make a decison and you are not in the country at that time they might sent a NOIR (Notice of intent to revoke). I saw a couple of posts in this forum. Again to be 100% sure OP can check with their attorney.

NOIR is sent when you file h4 extension along with h4ead with i-94 is expired or expired on the day of USCIS reviewing the application for a decision or for other reasons. 

If you have received a receipt notice from uscis for h4ead while you were present in USA under H4 and sent your valid i-94 along with application , NOIR sent is in error and can be challenged. 

You need to be in valid H4 status while filing for H4 , however you can travel internationally while application is under review. 

Not a bad idea to get it checked through an immigration attorney though.