Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parents have US Citizenship through Naturalization, can child travel out and reenter on GC/India passport ?

Recommended Posts


I & my wife got our US citizenship through naturalization (<1 Year). Out minor child is still on Indian Passport + GC living with us. We are yet to apply her US PP. Can she travel out of country with us for vacation and re-enter using her current Indian PP+GC while parents are on US passport? Heard minors are automatically USC when one of parents become USC. During immigration into US, will there be any challenge for her given she is still on India PP+GC?

Appreciate your response.



Edited by Venkat_Raman
grammer change

Share this post

Link to post

She is a US citizen, due to the parents being naturalized. That means she has to use a US passport to travel abroad, and can't use the GC nor her Indian passport.


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now