H1B Extension RFE

katepallik

I traveled to India on April 6th 2018 and came back to US on April 15th 2018 at the port of entry I got a new I-94 issued which was expiring on 17th June 2018 as per my past stamping date which was in the passport and I have a I-797 approval which i recived before travelling out till 2020 .As my new I-94 was expiring on 17th June 2018 ,I have applied for H1-B Extension in premium and USCIS responded back with more evidence(RFE) which I don't have exposure into(as per organization policy and RTFE would be responded a week or two before the due date) with a due date of submitting the document no longer then 16th September 2018.Now ,I have a emergency to travel out of the country in august and I am aware that its not at all recommended to travel outside US while the application is in the RFE stage.

My question is in case of emergency if I travel outside of US in august while the application is still in RFE will I be able to cancel the present petition which is still in progress and use my old i-797 approval which is dated till 2020 and get my stamping done,If yes will there be any consequences that might put me into a bad situation for stamping.

Thanks

Archived