Can i get paid through paypal on H4-EAD

Americaneagle1

Hi,

This may be weird question... i want to sell some used items and handmade craft items through online auction or fixed price selling sites which pays the money through paypal..  Is that legal on H4 EAD?  I believe its legal but do I need to show it somewhere like tax returns or DS-160 during future visa stampings ? The frequency of selling will be less, depend on the items and sells. Let me know. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Americaneagle1 said:

Thanks. And same applicable if I sell any used items or any other items? Right?  And any limit is applicable on income to show? like above some amount I have to show or something? 

Casually selling your used items is not a business.

Selling items made for selling, or buying with the intent to sell is a business.

See https://www.murthy.com/2014/01/28/home-based-businesses-inadvertent-unauthorized-employment/

" For example, people often sell old, unwanted belongings. Selling items that one acquires routinely in life generally is not considered unauthorized employment. Consignment and pawn stores also provide options for turning unwanted possessions into cash. A line is crossed, however, when one starts to acquire such items for the purpose of reselling them."

Archived