221g Filing by attorney

xplorehari

Hi,

I have a quick questin regarding my 221g.I am an FTE working for an Global IT major and recently i got 221g blue slip asking all the documents and also asking me to appear in person.When i had emailed this to my attorney(leading law firm) they mentioned that they had filed all the required documentations directly with the consulate and waiting for the response.Is this fine or i still have to appear at the consulate for the in person interview.Kindly advise??This is very time critical so experts pls advise at the earliest

19 hours ago, xplorehari said:

Hi,

I have a quick questin regarding my 221g.I am an FTE working for an Global IT major and recently i got 221g blue slip asking all the documents and also asking me to appear in person.When i had emailed this to my attorney(leading law firm) they mentioned that they had filed all the required documentations directly with the consulate and waiting for the response.Is this fine or i still have to appear at the consulate for the in person interview.Kindly advise??This is very time critical so experts pls advise at the earliest

If the consulate said to come in person then you need to attend the interview.

Hi Experts,

Just now my attorney had updated that she cannot share all the documents that they sent to the consulate already as there are many confidential company documents.Kindly advise what should be my next steps.should i appear at the consulate for the interview with the available documents

23 hours ago, xplorehari said:

Hi Gopalakrishnach what do you mean by they will contact by mostly email or phone.Is it not mentioned in the 221g itself to appear for the interview.Do you mean after the 221(g) response is submitted directly by the attorneys they will contact by email or Phone??

Your statements are contradicting. You said in the first post that consulate asked you to appear in person. In the above post you say that "Is it not mentioned in the 221g itself to appear for the interview". Which is correct?

I also feel confused.. the process is 

go to visa interview

they will issue 221G and ask for some documents

you send documents.. they recieve them and review and 

ask you to come once again for visa interview.. they may call you or email...

the mode in which they contact you is either email or call you... look out for both... 

Archived