Can we apply H4 visa before october 01 2018? H! got approved on June 2018

victorvimal

Hi,

First I would like to thank you all for having such a forum to help us all!

I am currently on F1 visa (STEM OPT EXT Expires June 2019), I am working for xxx employer for past 1.5 years. My current employer applied for H1 Visa and it got approved (active from October 2018).

My wife applied F2 visa on May 7th(My H1 was under process) and it got denied with 214b and she reappeared again on June 22nd (I got H1 Visa approval)  it got denied and the Visa officer asked to reapply on H4

My question

1) Can my wife go for H4 visa interview anytime before October 2018 with my I797 approval?

2) If she has to apply H4 only after October 2019, can she go for the interview without my H1 B stamping.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, victorvimal said:

Hi,

First I would like to thank you all for having such a forum to help us all!

I am currently on F1 visa (STEM OPT EXT Expires June 2019), I am working for xxx employer for past 1.5 years. My current employer applied for H1 Visa and it got approved (active from October 2018).

My wife applied F2 visa on May 7th(My H1 was under process) and it got denied with 214b and she reappeared again on June 22nd (I got H1 Visa approval)  it got denied and the Visa officer asked to reapply on H4

My question

1) Can my wife go for H4 visa interview anytime before October 2018 with my I797 approval?

2) If she has to apply H4 only after October 2019, can she go for the interview without my H1 B stamping.

1) Yes.

Archived