VISA Interview : Client location confusion

keds

Hi ,

i have a question , regarding VISA interview. Have filled DS-160 and have LCA with me.

In LCA my “Place of employment” is my company’s (employers) Onsite address, but i have a petition for client X.

Client X work site address is within MSA (which will not trigger for change in LCA / Amendment i believe) . Both ptetioner's office adrress and client address is seattle

I will be working at client address which is 5-8 miles from my company’s onsite address.

Now if Visa Consular asks what should be my reply
* Who is your client?
     X 
* will you be working in client location?
    * if i tell No and tell consular, " I will be working from my petitioner’s location for client X who have a dedicated area at onsite" 
        if consular further asked for client letter, it will have client address printed which is in MSA limit but not the same as place as employment in LCA
    * if i tell Yes , and consular ask for client letter .i don’t have client letter now , But can produce Client letter latter 
        in that , my client can give letter with his site address which would be different than the place of employment in LCA but within ,MSA limit"
    * What would be the correct answer

i would like to know 
which would be the correct answer to give to consular and 
what is the extent of LCA with client address verification it will be done.

Thanks in advance

Truth will be the correct answer. Tell them the truth and where you will be actually working, trying to fabricate a false statement will result in refusal and ban. If you are going to work at the client site, you need an amendment to be filed. Does not matter if it is in the same area or not. Work site address change means that you need to file for amendment. If you don't have an amendment, it is better to file that and attend stamping after it is approved.

When You Do NOT Need to File an Amended Petition

• A move within an MSA: If your H-1B employee is moving to a new job location within the same MSA or area of intended employment a new LCA is not required. Therefore, you do not need to file an amended H-1B petition. However, you must still post the original LCA in the new work location within the same MSA or area of intended employment. For example, an H-1B employee moving to a new job location within the New York City MSA (NYC) would not trigger the need for a new LCA, but you would still need to post the previously obtained LCA at the new work location. This is required regardless of whether an entire office moved from one location to another within NYC or if just one H-1B employee moves from one client site to another within NYC. 
On 6/24/2018 at 12:29 AM, keds said:

Hi ,

i have a question , regarding VISA interview. Have filled DS-160 and have LCA with me.

In LCA my “Place of employment” is my company’s (employers) Onsite address, but i have a petition for client X.

Client X work site address is within MSA (which will not trigger for change in LCA / Amendment i believe) . Both ptetioner's office adrress and client address is seattle

I will be working at client address which is 5-8 miles from my company’s onsite address.

Now if Visa Consular asks what should be my reply
* Who is your client?
     X 
* will you be working in client location?
    * if i tell No and tell consular, " I will be working from my petitioner’s location for client X who have a dedicated area at onsite" 
        if consular further asked for client letter, it will have client address printed which is in MSA limit but not the same as place as employment in LCA
    * if i tell Yes , and consular ask for client letter .i don’t have client letter now , But can produce Client letter latter 
        in that , my client can give letter with his site address which would be different than the place of employment in LCA but within ,MSA limit"
    * What would be the correct answer

i would like to know 
which would be the correct answer to give to consular and 
what is the extent of LCA with client address verification it will be done.

Thanks in advance

LCA and Amendment are different. 

Irrespective of MSA your work location should be on LCA. 

Archived