I 94 Date

Ronaldo7

Hi Guys,

I am in a tricky situation and hoping someone can give me a way out of it. I recently traveled on a international trip and while coming back the CBP officer looked at my current I 797 which is valid till Jul 22 -2018 and gave the I 94 with expiry date of Jul 22 -2018. I already had my I 797 Extension approved till Jul 22-2021 and told him to look at it but he did not even look at it. Now I 94 online has Jul 22-2018 expiry date and not the one from the New I 797. After talking to my lawyer he told me to reach out to CBP local office which i did and they asked me for my documents which i did fax it and was informed they would need atleast 8 weeks to make any decision on this. I am now confused as my lawyer isn't sure if the I 94 from the New I 797 is the valid one or the one i got when i returned back to the US. has anyone been in this position before? Do the CBP Deferred locations correct this kind of error? 

I was under impression that my I 94 on the New I 797 takes precedence than the I 94 given at the immigration but then i realized it and was trying to hand him over the new I 797 saying i got extension till 2021 but he said the current I 797(valid till Jul 22-2018) was the one he should be looking at. i just got a call from the CBP office saying that he cannot correct the I 94 expiry date as its not an error from the CBP officer and said i have 2 options now 1. either go out of country and get stamping done or 2. file an extension. I am running it through my immigration lawyer now to see what would be the best option :|.

Archived