B2 Visa For Step MOM

Prabhumanikandan

Hi,

can you please help me in how to handle to the below situation?

1) I am apply Business Visa for my Step Mom. me and my step Mom has only 13 years of age  difference. Can i select relationship as Child in her DS-160 because my Mom passed away and she raised me from when i am 3 years Old and i do have my step Mom's name in my Passport.

2) I lost my father last year. so i have to apply as Widow. will that be a an issue?

3) my Step Mom is taking take of our agriculture land because my father is no more. so i can select Agriculture as occupation. With employer as "self employed", start date of employer as date after my step mom's marriage. My mom along with my younger brother are living in India as a joint family with my step mom's  brother and Sisters. Will that be considered as a strong Tie.

Please provide your inputs to tackle my unique situation

Thanks for your reply

Younger Brother who is staying in India along with my Step mom' Brother's will be taking care Farming during absence. Just for 3 months and after that she will return to India.

Since my father passed one year ago. I want to take her and show few places in US which will make her feel happy and spent quality time with me and my wife

I want to make the case more strong. Appreciate your help on this

2 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Stay out of it and have her apply with no coaching. The forms are self explanatory. She would be applying for a tourist visa and not a business visa.

If you deem it appropriate have her take the help of the firm of Murthy in CHENNAI

3 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

why a 'business visa?' who will take care of the 'farm' during her absence?

I posted incorrectly . I am applying for Tourist Visa. I have my step mom name in my passport and also in Legal heir certificate from Village office. Will that be sufficient to claim that she as my step mom and I can select my relationship as child in DS 160? Unfortunately I don't my step mom's marriage certificate

2 hours ago, Prabhumanikandan said:

Thank you. She don't have much bank balance. She can get affidavit from Notary for the property. What will be the minimum monthly salary required if she wants to sponsor herself?

There is no such thing as a minimum salary required, just as there is no sponsorship.

Salary is irrelevant. Bank balance is irrelevant, since everybody knows that a bank balance can be changed in seconds both positive and negative.

The important thing is showing strong ties to the home country, to have a reasonable expectation that the person will return to the home country (and of course not helping in the household while in the US.)

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

There is no such thing as a minimum salary required, just as there is no sponsorship.

Salary is irrelevant. Bank balance is irrelevant, since everybody knows that a bank balance can be changed in seconds both positive and negative.

The important thing is showing strong ties to the home country, to have a reasonable expectation that the person will return to the home country (and of course not helping in the household while in the US.)

Thank you. So I can Pay her trip as her Child right?

Archived