Extend visitor visa stay

srinius

Hello,

Recently my in-laws got visitor visa. My sister in-law came here and the port of entry is in Chicago. For some reason officer gave approval to stay only for 1 month. actually we planned for 3 months. Is there a way I can file for any extension?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response.

1. She is a home maker (with 2 year old baby).

2. In the visa application (for visa interview), it mentioned for 1 month stay. but at POE, she mentioned 3 months stay. that maybe the reason granted only 1 month stay.

I think it's a mistake to include 1 month stay in the visa application. If apply 539 for extended stay and mention that it was a mistake, then they might consider for extend stay? If I have any other options please let me know.

Please advise.

Also one more question please

1. After applying for I 539, and if I didn't receive any result in 30 days, based on the I 539 receipt, can she stay until we receive response? If the application is denied, then she will be out of status?

Please advise.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, srinius said:

Also one more question please

1. After applying for I 539, and if I didn't receive any result in 30 days, based on the I 539 receipt, can she stay until we receive response? If the application is denied, then she will be out of status?

Please advise.

If she is in the US and the application is denied after the I-94 expired, her visa would automatically be invalid.

Archived