H4 / H4 EAD extension after H1B transfer

nish17

Hi All,

Current H4 and H4 EAD is valid till Aug 2019. My new I-797 (did H1B transfer to new employer)  is valid till July 2020. So I was planning to extend my wife’s H4 and H4 EAD now to get the validity till July 2020. 

But my lawyer told me We recommend applying for concurrent H-4 and EAD extensions  no more than 6 months prior to expiration, as such, it’s a little too early to submit the filings now. You should plan to file the extension proceedings in February/March 2019.   

Now I am confused. Shall I apply for the H4/H4 EAD extension  now or wait till next year. 

Please advise.

19 hours ago, nish17 said:

Hi All,

Current H4 and H4 EAD is valid till Aug 2019. My new I-797 (did H1B transfer to new employer)  is valid till July 2020. So I was planning to extend my wife’s H4 and H4 EAD now to get the validity till July 2020. 

But my lawyer told me We recommend applying for concurrent H-4 and EAD extensions  no more than 6 months prior to expiration, as such, it’s a little too early to submit the filings now. You should plan to file the extension proceedings in February/March 2019.   

Now I am confused. Shall I apply for the H4/H4 EAD extension  now or wait till next year. 

Please advise.

You need to wait till March 2019 as your attroney suggested.

Archived