Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Elligibility for In-state

Recommended Posts

I came to US on F2 visa.My husband got h1 from October 2017.Then I applied for change of status from F2 to H4.

At that time I went to India for emergency issues and got my H4 visa stamping on January 30th 2018.

I got admission for Fall-2018 in Virginia . I lived in Virginia from April 2016.My husband claimed me under tax returns from then.

Will I be able to apply as In-state student from Fall-semester?


Share this post

Link to post

You would have to check the residency requirements which should be on the university website. Or ask the registrar's office.

Usually, you have to be in a status that allows to establish residency (like H1/H4) for a year to get in-state tuition.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this