Valid H4 EAD and H1B is in Processing

ag0011

Hi,

I have a valid H4 EAD with H4 Stamped on the passport and valid until Sept, 2019. My employer filed H1B and it has been picked in the lottery and is in the processing. 

I have a travel plan coming up in NOV 2018, if H1B visa is approved then do we have to go for H1B stamping ? if yes, do we have to complete any pre-requisite process like Change of status from H4 to H1B prior to filing DS160?

Please assist !

Thanks & Regards,

Ag0011  

On 6/13/2018 at 12:06 PM, ag0011 said:

Hi,

I have a valid H4 EAD with H4 Stamped on the passport and valid until Sept, 2019. My employer filed H1B and it has been picked in the lottery and is in the processing. 

I have a travel plan coming up in NOV 2018, if H1B visa is approved then do we have to go for H1B stamping ? if yes, do we have to complete any pre-requisite process like Change of status from H4 to H1B prior to filing DS160?

Please assist !

Thanks & Regards,

Ag0011  

Yes, you need to go for stamping if you want to continue on H-1. You can book appointmnet with receipt number. But if your H-1 is not approved before you travel then you need to cancel the visa appointment and will lose the visa fee.

Archived